Homework for the week of 5-21
Please read for your child at least 15 minutes each night. Please check out an awesome reading program called just take 20. Also be sure students are using their speller menu to practice their spelling words at least 3 times a week and turn in their work by Friday.
Monday: Please complete reading worksheet pages 441-442 and math worksheet pages 713-714 located in your child’s folder.
Tuesday: Please complete reading worksheet pages 445-446 and math worksheet pages 719-720 located in your child’s folder.
Wednesday: Please complete reading worksheet pages 455-456 and math worksheet pages 725-726 located in your child’s folder.
Thursday:Reading, Spelling, and Math test tomorrow! Field Trip Today!
Friday: Have a great weekend! Don’t forget to Read!
What we are learning this week:
Sight Words: built, science, early, through, learn
Spelling Words: saw, straw, paw, lawn, draw, law, yawn, crawl, jaw, hawk
Amazing Words: determined, technology, stalled, sketch, inventor, stable, biplane, speech
Reading/Language Arts: This week we are reading the story Simple Machines. We will be focusing on oi and oy vowel pattern. We are also learning about simple sentences.
Math: This week we will focusing on stepping up to second grade.
Social Studies: This week we learning about past vs present.
Science: This week we are learning about plants.
Passport and Classroom Announcements:
- Please check out your child’s Friday Notebook. Please return it by Monday or Tuesday. Feel free to ask your child a question or praise them.
- I hope everyone had a wonderful week! We are now in getting ready for second grade mode!
- Our field trip to the fire station and twisty treat will be this Thursday.
- Water day is this Friday. Please wear appropriate clothing. Dark shirts and shorts to the knees are what is excepted. Please also wear water shoes or crocs. No flip flops.
- Graduation will be May 30th a Colonial High School.