Homework for the week of 10-16
Please read for your child at least 15 minutes each night. Please check out an awesome reading program called just take 20
Monday: No School
Tuesday: Please complete reading worksheet located in your child’s folder as well as math page 83-84.
Wednesday: Please complete reading worksheet located in your child’s folder as well as math page 89-90.
Thursday: Please study for Reading and Math test tomorrow.
Friday: Have a wonderful weekend! Don’t forget to read!
What we are learning this week:
Sight Words: blue, help, from, little, get, use
Spelling Words: hot, pop, mop, mom, hop, ox, got, pot, lock, rock, help, use
Amazing Words: past, produce, danger, snuggle, powerful, present, transformation, serve, enormous
Reading/Language Arts: This week we are reading the story The Big Blue Ox. We will be focusing on the s sound and short o. We are also learning about sentences.
Math: This week we will be using various strategies to subtract to 20.
Social Studies: This week we are learning about Peru for our trip around Latin America event.
Science: This week we are learning about the Earth and sky.
Passport and Classroom Announcements:
- Please check out your child’s Friday Notebook. Please return it by Monday or Tuesday. Feel free to ask your child a question or praise them.
- Please help us with our collection for Puerto Rico. We are selecting various items such as water, hand sanitizer, mosquito spray, baby formula, diapers, cans of non perishable items, etc. Please see newsletter or flyer for more information.
- October 26th will be Trip Around the World at Jackson Middle School cafeteria.Our class has Peru!
- We are still collecting items for Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Please donate if you can.
- Please volunteer if you can! Kids of all ages are welcomed! Help FEMA pack meals for children and families in Puerto Rico. This even is happening until October 31st! https://www.feedingchildreneverywhere.com/orlandocares2017/